The sun is the center of our solar system. Star this one is very special because her role is very crucial to life on Earth.
Here is a glimpse of fascinating facts about the sun:
1. The sun was about 1.39 million km diameter. While the diameter of Earth is about 12 740 km. Now, when the Earth entered in the Sun, the Sun can accommodate as many as 109 of the Earth. Gedenya not imagine how guns!
2. The sun's core temperature ranges from 15 million degrees Celsius at the core, while in the outer core temperature reaches 7 million degrees Celsius. And temperature on the solar surface 'only' 6000 degrees Celsius. It's also imagine how the heat guns, we aja on Earth with temperatures 35-40 degrees Celsius is too hot aja
3. Mass hurl corona (CME) observed the fastest man occurred on August 4, 1974, spreading from the sun to the earth in 14.6 hours with a speed of nearly 10 million km / hr.
What is corona? Corona is the outermost part of the solar atmosphere. Corona is several million miles wide and the temperature reached 1 million degrees Celsius. Holes in the corona occurs when the solar magnetic field jumps into the sky.
This corona holes that allow the occurrence of the solar wind, the flow of energy particles that penetrate into the solar system. Corona and chromosphere can only be observed with a special telescope called kronagraf.
4. Sometimes solar flares of the sun to heat the surface 80 million degrees Fahrenheit, which means far more heat from the core of the sun. Solar flares are magnetic storms that occurred on the solar surface.
Initially, this storm looks like a very bright point before finally exploding. Solar flares produce very much energy particles and gases with high temperature is released thousands of miles of the surface of the sun.
5. Prominensa (curved flames)
6. Between 10 to 12 May 1999, almost no solar wind. This causes the earth's magnetosphere expands its volume by more than 100 times.
What is the solar wind? Solar wind is a stream flow of ions (charged particles) are not interrupted by the corona hole. Solar wind magnetic field emitted when the sun leaped into space.
In X-ray photographs of the sun, the corona looks black hole and can last several months or years. Solar wind takes about 4.5 days to reach the earth. Solar wind causing the comet tail away from the sun and the occurrence of auroras on Earth and other planets.
7. In April 1947, sunspots reaches maximum size in history. The size is more than 330 times the size of Earth.
What is a sunspot? Sunspots is a plaque-black spots in the outer shell of the sun. The shape and size vary. Despite looking like a spot on the sun, the actual size is very large, even larger than the earth. There's even a size sunspot 10 times the diameter of the earth.
8. On March 13, 1989, the Quebec region of Canada experienced a total electrical outages due to geomagnetic storms. Canadian economy when it suffered a loss of U.S. 6 USD Billion.
9. Earth's climate becomes colder in the year 1645-1715. This is because the sunspots are not observed annual cycle 11.
10. The surface area of sun = 11 900 times the size of the earth's surface.
11. Solar mass = 332.946 times the mass of the earth
12. Distance from earth is 8.31 minutes the speed of light.
13. Within a second, the sun changed four million tons of pure material into pure energy.